Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Soooo.... has anyone elses dog ever eaten a skimmer sock? Did they live? She swallowed it whole right as I attempted to retrieve it😩
I guess I can add this to the strange things she has consumed in her 10 months. I had it drying on the railing but apparently the wind blew it to the ground & she has decided anything on the ground is fair game. She seems fine for now - just keeps giving me the “it wasn’t me” look.
.47AB38A8-00C9-4156-931B-AC5A68A48BAF.jpeg

I've had dogs eat socks before. It can cause a blockage, which can be serious. Might want to check with your vet.

You will know in a day or so if you see the sock again. As long as there are no sudden uncomfortable symptoms you should be fine in the meantime.

Give one teaspoon of peroxide per 10 lbs of dog weight in a bowl of milk and take him outside. You really should induce vomiting or take your dog to the vet asap!! Edit: I am not a vet, but our lab ate a sock and that's what our vet told us to do!

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
but our lab ate a sock and that's what our vet told us to do
An actual sock will not break down and might even swell when wet. A skimmer sock is much less dangerous. *however* anything that could potentially harm such a cleary good girl (this instance notwithstanding) is a concern, of course.

Update:
so far so good she’s gone to bed so we’re just going to watch for distress & wait.
She ate two still connected clorox wipes a couple months ago & eventually everything “worked out “ .
hopefully the skimmer sock will have the same fate.
In her defense those had also fallen on the ground right when my husband opened his truck door so they were clearly acceptable to eat in her eyes. Lol
I didn’t know that about regular socks but it makes sense that they would swell. She loves stealing them from the dryer but in the house its easy to get them back quickly if it happens but I’ll definitely be vigilant with those from now on.
This was more like super a cheap very short pantyhose type that rips fairly easily.
I am still just amazed at the ranthings puppies will eat without giving it a second thought.
That pic doesn’t do her size justice as she’s about 65lbs. so alot of things go down with a quick gulp!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.