Any port in a storm, perhaps?

Endless Flow

Nov 20, 2020
Seattle
Hello:
I'm an engineer working on a client-friend's new 2000 gal. tub spa. We are adding an external ground source heat pump feed to heat the spa, vs. the current 4KW resistive heater.

There will be a titanium heat exchanger (E.J Bowman) that with a 50 gpm flow rate, will have up to 20KW available to get it warm faster. (I calculate it at 4°F/hr.)

The hard part so far is finding the needed fittings. The Balboa VGB 2008 suction is rated at 124 gpm; the tub has something quite similar for its own jets.

But I'm striking out finding a discharge port for the heated return. All I find are jets, at far too little a flow rate. I seek something like a jet's body in appearance, but unobstructed.

Any suggestions on what I should be looking for, and from where?

You can use a normal pool return :)

My hot tub had a sport 3 inch return that had a 3 HP motor attached to it, it would move massive amounts of water but I have no idea where they found it..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.