davidk74

Dec 4, 2020
West Sacramento California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
IM thinking of cannibalizing the relay from my timer and controlling it from a Click PLC. I may even put some load cells under the chlorine tank so I can stenner pump exact measurements. Probably over kill but a fun project. Anyone done anything like that?

Hi David,
I am planning to add weigh cells with hx711 to my poolcontroller (ESP32 based) but did not receive them yet. If you are interested I can share the the code parts and experience later.
BR Tom

Reactions: davidk74
I put in a stenner at the beginning of the year. I'm using an outdoor smart plug to turn it on and off, so daily dosage is time based.
That's been working well. I just check chlorine once a week now, and its been fine every since I added the Stenner.

I have been looking at methods to decide if the Stenner tank is empty, considering ultrasonic or a non contact liquid level sensor.
I did look a little at load sensors, but the ones I saw were kind of expensive, and I don't think my budget manager would approve.

The ones I was looking at are fairly inexpensive, which is always a key factor in getting approval for pool automation toys.

Randy

Reactions: davidk74
Hi David,
I am planning to add weigh cells with hx711 to my poolcontroller (ESP32 based) but did not receive them yet. If you are interested I can share the the code parts and experience later.
BR Tom
For sure,
IM going to start with the PLC just controlling the pool pump and then add functionality. I have not found weight cells that will meet my needs.

IM thinking of cannibalizing the relay from my timer and controlling it from a Click PLC. I may even put some load cells under the chlorine tank so I can stenner pump exact measurements. Probably over kill but a fun project. Anyone done anything like that?
Mine is pretty close. There are a few of us out there using the industrial style DIN parts. I used a Raspberry Pi but you could literally disconnect my pi, snap on a PLC and wire it up basically the same and use a Click or something. There's a link in my sig. Off the top of my head, I know @caroexx, @Katodude and @MyAZPool have other examples of PLC compatible setups.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.