Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Brand new fiberglass SWG owner…Had water loss overnight. I think the antifreeze protection deck jets sprayed out. We have Hayward pump, deck jets come on automatically, woke up this morning with water line 6-8 inches below skimmer and pump still running! What do we do? Thank you!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Sounds like your pump's freeze protection came on. You certainly don't want the pump to run dry with no water in the pump pot. Did you turn it off? Depending on your pump type and/or automation controls you should be able to override the freeze protection or simply disconnect power completely if needed.

Is your pool closed for the winter?

Yes, did a complete shut down on the control panel while I refill the pool. We have not closed it for winter. My pump is scheduled to run at 50%, M-F , 12-12. Do I turn pump % up to avoid it again or just turn off deck jets completely? I’m glad we were home because the pump continued to run! Thank you so much!

As long as water is moving through the pump and equipment pad you're good there. It doesn't need to be a high rpm, just constantly moving. Accessories like deck jets, bubblers, waterfalls, etc can be tricky. If it's an area water is always moving through it's fine. But when you get those hard freezes with no water movement, freeze expansion becomes an issue, so you'll want to decide if leaving the decks off and protecting them from freezing is best.

I always blow down my water features, deck jets, bubblers, and scuppers, for the winter to avoid issues with freezing. The deck jets are the biggest concern as they can cause the deck to freeze over and that can create a serious slip/fall hazard.

--Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.