Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I have powdered ant killer that I put on some ant mounds near my pool. Well, it rained really hard over night and some definitely ran into the pool.

Definitely lessons learned but what do y'all think? Do I need to drain/replace or is the water enough to dilute to a non-dangerous level?

Attachments

• PXL_20240303_133045193.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240303_133045193.MP.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 16
Have you tested your pool water? What is FC and CC?
Is your SWCG operating to maintain your FC level?

Depends on the amounts involved but usually most insecticides will not last long in highly chlorinated water. I would suggest a SLAM of the pool for 24-48 hours just to be on the safe side. Monitor CCs and then do an overnight chlorine loss test.

Also, as a suggestion, don’t use powdered insecticide around the pool if runoff is an issue. I would suggest you use an ant bait like Amdro. The ants take the bait and bring it back into the nest where it is fed to the queen. The queen is killed and colony collapses and dies. I use Amdro around my property all the time and just a few shakes (very small amount) is enough to wipe out even the largest ant hills. It works against a very wide array of ant species.

Reactions: HermanTX
You can also make your own bait with Borax, Sugar, and Water. Ants feed on it carry it back to colony and feed the queen…boom dead. If that runs into your pool all you’ve added are trace borates.

You can also make your own bait with Borax, Sugar, and Water. Ants feed on it carry it back to colony and feed the queen…boom dead. If that runs into your pool all you’ve added are trace borates.
Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF