Another Hybrid Pool Question

When I hear cutting the deck it sounds like the vinyl liner may not be a cost effective option either? I was hoping this was a viable option at less than $10k. If we do this then we can't simply decide 5 years down the road to ditch the liner and go with a more expensive option because of the work that was done to customize beneath decking, or is that not a concern afterwards just something that has to be done now?

You can replaster the concrete but you can't put a vinyl liner over just the walls. There is not a way to attach the vinyl at the top of the wall or at the bottom of the wall and create a water proof seal.

The next best option is to put a vinyl liner in. To do this you will have to install some sort of bead receiver at the top of the wall. You will have to cut concrete deck and dig down to install vinyl liner returns. Your main drain won't be usable unless it is a vinyl main drain to begin with.

Unless whoever built the pool didn't know what was available and put vinyl liner returns in your pool you will have to put them in. That requires the concrete to be cut so you can install them. The liner option will have to have a specific return so you can get a positive water seal at the return Again if you have a main drain you either have to replace it to make a seal between the pot and the liner or do away with the main drain.

I'm curious about how you've followed through with your repairs. We also have a hybrid pool and it has been a nightmare finding people who know what they're doing to hire for repairs. One estimate we received last week was above $50K. It doesn't even leak. It really only needs a few hairline cracks repaired and new plaster or paint. We've painted with epoxy but it doesn't last. I just want to swim. How are you doing with your renovation?

Another Hybrid pool question
The house I purchased came with a older swimcraft pool indoors 20x 40. The pool was tiled used for several years when started to notice water level lowering called a leak company who dived the pool and recommended we replace the output pipes as this is where he found the leak. He did so and then let us know he had no one to repair fiberglass. Took years to find someone now trying finish pool. Most want to Pput liner not one identified the pool as swimcraft design. The 1st contractor to do so recommended all the tile be removed and an updated quartz or aggregate plaster be placed also recommended heat pump that would allow me to heating cost and use deep into winter with no problem I wanted salt chlorine generator as I heard these are great solution to chemicals. Final contractor recommended gel coat as he felt the plaster would not adhere to fiberglass walls and felt heat would give me limited use in my area have calls into swimcraft and approved installers they are not in our area by 100 miles to information and recommendation for repair I saw a post about similar situation but have no found follow up post or similar threads see swimcraft repair post for photos

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.