Another Freeze Protection Question

RussellC

Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
Austin, TX
I live in Austin so I don't need freeze protect too much or at all but this weekend it's going to stay in the 20s for a bit. It did this a few weeks ago and my freeze protect basically turns everything on. The pump (switching between pool and spa) the booster pump for the Polaris and the spa blower and the lights.

So,A couple questions: I turned off the freeze protection last time because it keeps me up at night since the pumps and spa are right by the master bedroom. The pump is fine. It's the spa blower and bubbles it makes that keeps me up. So anyways, Turning it off didn't stop it. It still comes on. How? Second, do I really need the spa blower and lights involved in this? Short of switching the breaker off, how can I have it be selective of what it turns on? I have a goldline system. Thanks!

Can you select what comes on for freeze protection? I have Jandy and my remote allows me to select what all I want. It may be under your system settings. My pool lights don't come on, just the filter pump.

I think I found something in the manual about how to turn off individual relays Aux(1-8) for freeze protection. So, is there any reason why I would need to keep the blower on during freezing temps?

Also, does anyone know why it did not accept my changing the Freeze protection to off? Do I need to power cycle the panel once I make a config change?

I don't know about Hayward automation, but Pentair requires you to make a selection, then save (different button) your selection. Otherwise, it wont save the changes.
As stated above, you should also be able to pick and choose what you want freeze protected.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.