Another foam cove moved thread

So I replaced the liner in my 18x24x52 pole pool. I installed foam cove before putting the liner in and started filling the pool last night but turned the water off around 2am to be safe. It's just under halfway and I noticed one of the foam coves moved away a few inches. if I drain the water how hard will it be to move this cove back without unhooking the liner? Will it be possible?

I drained down to just a few inches. I can reach the piece but now I see the ones next to this piece are loose. I have a feeling I'm going to have to drop the liner all the way around and tape it all in place.

Thoughts please. Its raining now so I'm not even sure when I will have time to work on it.

I’m sorry, I don’t know the answer. Hopefully someone who does will be along soon!

You should be able to drop the liner enough to re-seat the pool cove for short sections. You have to be sure that the pool cove is sitting on the base of the pool with no gaps, so that when you fill with water it does not sink and make a gap at the top edge. If you feel that the adhesive on the cove is poor, get and spray some Gladdon adhesive (for wall foam, about $20 a can) or a suitable 3M adhesive (I cannot remember which); this may be even more important because you have an oval pool and the straight sections will be difficult, so take your time to make sure the cove is set correctly. Otherwise, duct tape it using Gorilla duct tape, or use well-reviewed double sided carpet tape. Be sure to tape the joints between the cove pieces since this will almost eliminate any joints showing through the liner. Be sure that the cove is placed under pressure ... what I mean by this is to press the cove around the pool bottom so that each piece is very tight to the next, apply pressure to the new end meeting one that has already been laid -push the next piece hard into the last piece laid. The main thing is to make sure the cove bottom is in good contact with the base of the pool or else it will peal away from the side. Since your liner is new and if you want to rework the cove, it should not be a problem to fold in the liner around the pool to the center and start again on the cove if you need to - remove the water first to make it easier. I know it is a pain, but the results will be worth it and you will be happier with the result. (As an aside: my thought on liners is that they age owing to UV, chemical interactions, and plasticisor leakage. In this case, the liner is new (possibly less than 2 months exposed to the elements) and therefore it would be ok to remove the pool water provided that the liner remains in the same approximate position.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.