And So it Starts

Seadweller

Aug 21, 2009
Tampa Bay Area
As summer has arrived in Florida, I was intent on keeping my pool in top condition instead of "losing it" as the weather warmed, and scrambling to catch up. As the weather warmed, I checked the water every day, and as the chlorine levels started falling, adjusted my SWG and supplemented it with shock powder. The SWG is operating within spec across the board, and maintaining chlorine levels. The chlorine level never dropped below 5. My pool seems to like the chlorine level at 6 or 7. I've recently been checking it every 3 days, and this morning, the chlorine level is at 7, and has settled in to my updated SWG schedule. The pool water is crystal clear. I'm running the pump 16 hours per day. But what do I have yet again? Algae. Algae in small spots on a wall in the deep end, and a small spot on a swim step.

FC = 7
CC = 0
PH = 7.6
CY = 70
AK = 80

I've brushed the pool, adjusted the jets to ensure good circulation throughout the pool, etc. The spot on the swim step has a jet pointing directly at it, so it's not a circulation issue. The spot on the wall in the deep end is beamed with the sun in the late afternoon until sunset, so I imagine that might be an issue? Or not, if the chemical levels are perfect? What in tarnation am I doing wrong?????

Try really scrubbing those spots. I always dribble a little LC in the area during my scrub to attack them.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.