Amazon purchase advice

Rjorge

Apr 18, 2022
TN
So I purchased a Hayward Swimclear W3C5030 from Amazon. The vendor is In the Swim, which is listed as approved Amazon vendor on Haywards website. The order was shipped by Leslie’s Poolmart Inc in IL.

Turns out, the cartridge filters that came in the filter are not original Hayward filters. They have blue top/bottom with no brand name or part number. Hayward did confirm it isn’t a Hayward filter, so I contacted In the Swim and they are not willing to send the original Hayward filters. They want me to return it. Problem is, I had to cut the box open to remove the heavy/bulky filter.

We are in the middle of our first pool build, so all of this is new to me. Is this a common issue? I did not expect someone to open and replace the Hayward filters with generic ones. Thoughts on what I should do next? I reached out to Hayward and explained the situation, they haven’t replied. In the Swim is saying I can return the item through Amazon.

Attachments

• 06690371-58D8-49EB-9AD1-4A9C360EFA1C.jpeg
    06690371-58D8-49EB-9AD1-4A9C360EFA1C.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 14
I can't find the thread, but there is one that indicates these filters are all the same. I'm not an expert, but likely they are close. Best reference I can find. I trust INYO. I would keep them and plow forward.

Reactions: Newdude
They are probably made by Pleatco or the same exact manufacture the Hayward uses.. There is nothing wrong with them at all.. If there was any kind of warranty needed with the filter it probably will not be the cart's.. Mine have been going strong for 8 years and I have 2 sets so really only 4 years filtering for each set.. :)

Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like these filters are just as good as the original Haywards. Although I don’t appreciate the fact they are not disclosing this on their listing, it won’t be worth shipping it all back.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.