alternative to WFDS-24 115v 2 speed pump?

Aug 15, 2010
Ques for the pump gurus:

I have determined that the whisperflo WFDS-24 115V 1HP pump is perfect for my older pool application. It fits my older exisiting 1.5HP pump curve quite well. I'm not really interested in spending another $450 on an Intelliflo VS pump since my needs are minimum. (ie. no solor or fancy water features.) As well, I'm a little leary of the reliability of these newer electronic pumps. The problem I have is that I don't think my existing electrical run can support this pump's current requirements. I think my existing run is ~75ft of 3 wire 12g that is used for my current 220V pump and 115v booster pump.

I would assume I would need 10g or bigger for the WFDS-24 pump, no?

Re-doing the electrical run is not really an option, so is there some other DS pump out there that is as efficient as this whisperflo with a similar pump curve, but runs on 220V?

Could I potentially use the WFDS-26 with the WFDS-24's impeller? Anybody tried that?

thanks

dave mc

Guess I'm going to answer my own question here.

It looks like the Jandy Stealth dual speed SHPF 1.02 220V pump fits the bill. I plugged it into mas985's spreadsheet using the CEC data and it gets almost the same cost savings per month to the whisperflo pump. Price of pump is about the same. :)

dave mc

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.