Alternate Contaners for MA and more...

Aug 29, 2016
Rose Hill, KS
I'm going out of town for a few weeks and have someone who will be at the house, however they have no clue on pool care. I have a SWG so chlorine level isn't that big of an issue. I keep my ph at 7.7 and add 4oz of MA per week.

What type of container can I put 4oz of MA so they don't have to handle the gallon jug?

I really don't want to drop my ph to the 7.2 mark. If I drop my ph to 7.2 my CSI drops to -.500.

Would it be a wise decision to add bleach to bring my chlorine level up while I'm gone even with a SWG. The pool will be used almost daily. My FC is typically 6.5 and my SWG is at 100%.

FC - 6.5
CC - 0
pH - 7.7
TA - 80
CH - 350
CYA - 70
Salt - 3200
Water temp - 84F

Take your FC to SLAM level before you leave and I'd drop the ph to 7.2 Ain't enough difference in your CSI to matter over the course of a week. It'll be back up! I add MA from a plain old rubbermaid plastic container with a screw on lid.

Go down to your local Leslie's and get a couple of their bottles for the free water test. They are 8 ounce capacity. I always get 2, on for the pool and one for the hot tub. I fill one an ounce at a time and mark the level with a sharpie.

See...those free water tests DO have a purpose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.