Alright Guru's.....

I presume your pressure test was good?

Return side equalizer line from pool?

Pool loosing water or gaining water?

Do you have a hydrophone? - unlike materials checked? Niche, conduit.

Where is the spa in relationship to pool? Grade change?

This is a stand alone spa,yes on the niche and conduit.

I just dont see how the water could penetrate my plaster immediately like that. I guess getting in there with some dye would make sense im just confused on the placement of the moisture

Also he has ball fittings that disconnect from the wall, it has been suggested by early detection company locally that water could be leaking from where the fitting goes into the Poormon beyond the diamond bright but I'm not so sure

Tile plaster contractor, that's a whole other ball game.. It would take me 2 weeks to do what you do in two days.

With that said, let's find this leak.

Dig into the above suggestions, it has to be there! If it touches water check it.
Any hydrostatic valves in this little piggy?

Ray

No hydrostatic valve, the elevation is certainly high though. 12 return jets that disconnect, 2 main drain lines, 2 waterfall suction lines, 1 skimmer and a partridge in a pear tree..

Leak detection in shell scheduled for Thursday, its Ohio so im subbing that out. Will keep you guy's posted.

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will be chipping out all the fittings and using hydraulic cement to fill the gaps. My bid was to fix the 2 cracks he had in the Spa and DB the shell. I did what I was supposed to do, but I'm going to fix this for free.

Lesson learned for me??? Always have your own leak detection performed before draining the spa....can not assume the obvious leaks are the only leaks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.