Jurate1

Apr 22, 2021
Tucson
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all getting ready to leave on 1 week vacation. Numbers this morning FC 7.5, TC 7.5, CA 350, Alk 60, CYA 40 PH 8
I plan to put 1-2 Trichlor pucks in a dispenser while we are away. My understanding is that the pucks lower your Alk levels and PH. So should I add some baking soda to increase alk before I leave and put pucks in dispenser?
I will only be gone for 6 days. Do I need to worry about PH getting too low??

Do you plan on lowering the pH with muriatic acid now? 8.0 is a bit high (scale). You might lower the pH into the 7s now, then test the pH and TA again just before leaving. If the TA is 60 or above you should be fine. If the TA hits 50 or lower I would increase it back to the 60-70 range. With a CYA of 40, you can also increase the FC up to the SLAM level of 16 which will give you 2-3 days of good FC as well.

Yes thank you Texas. Yes plan to add MA this morning. I added the pucks to dispenser. Will check all again tommorrow before we leave... Appreciate your input.. Off to Mexico....:)

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.