Bwdonohues58

Gold Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 22, 2019
Homer, AK
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Here are 2 photos of my Taylor ALK test. The first is after 6 drops of R-0009 and the second is after 7 drops. The first photo doesn’t show it well, but there is a slight pink area at the lower half of the tube although the upper part is definitely still green. I have been reading this as 70 all along but wonder what the more experienced people think? 76B6C807-110E-441D-9C2A-EEF08D52C772.jpegA1127637-12BF-439E-BF04-47728262F81C.jpeg

Around the drop there will initially be a higher reagent concentration in the test tube, resulting in localised pink areas once you get close. Once the latest drop gets properly stirred in by the speedstir, the pink disappears again. Only once the whole sample turns pink (more red, actually), and the shade of pink/red doesn't change when adding another drop and letting it stir in, you have reached the end point.

I tend to leave the speedstir's light off, especially with the FC test where the light makes slight shades of pink disappear. I also find the rotating shadow of the bean quite irritating. I have a little offcut of white melamine coated wood in my test box that I place behind the test tube, that gives me reproducible test conditions that make colour shade comparisons easier.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thanks Splash and all. I also do all tests with the light off but I had it on for the photos because it showed up better. I'm lookin for around 65 ppm ALK. Here’s my Barbie Pink color at 9 drops, but it was very close to that Y 8. So I’m thinking I have something closer to 80 than the 70 I thought I had. ALK at 80 is just fine with my setup because I only see a small change in PH once a week when I add 8 ounces of 20 Baume MA. I like to keep the Ph in the 7.4/7.5 range because I can easily keep the ORP at 750 plus or minus. Also, the 80 level helps with the LSI (CSI).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.