Algae under wedding cake steps.

Jun 23, 2012
Farmington wv
I have been using bbb for years. I have a 24x48 round pool. Now I have a 16x48 intex pool. This year we put in steps using sand bags to hold it down. I upgraded to a 150lb sand filter and 1.5 hp pump. For a few weeks I have been fighting green spots here and there. I have been keeping it at shock level for the last 3 days. Even though all the levels were kept up with. Last night while using the vac I moved the steps and the sand bags were covered in green. The bottom shelf of the steps had about a 1/16 to 1/8 thick slime on them. I removed the steps and sand bags. This afternoon after work I had a lot of brown sand looking stuff on the bottom. Which I think was dead algae. How can I keep it from growing in the steps?
This morning tests were
Fc 16
Ta 80
Ph 7.4
Cya between 40-30 i can still see the dot at 40 but not at 30.

They do have a few maybe need to drill a few more. Did it really help yours? Before I upgraded the but I only have a 1000gph pump and the water didn’t move much. Which I’m sure didn’t help. The sand filter has only been on for 1 week so I’m sure the bloom started way before I put in the new filter and pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.