Algae or dirt debris?

Ok thanks. So I will bring it up to 31 (that's what I see in pool school). I wanted to vacuums it today, can I do that while shocking t or should I wait? There are some dirty spots that show in the pool as I said earlier in the post but they go away when vacuuming.

Ok thanks. So I will bring it up to 31 (that's what I see in pool school). I wanted to vacuums it today, can I do that while shocking t or should I wait? There are some dirty spots that show in the pool as I said earlier in the post but they go away when vacuuming.

Update:

I added 273oz of bleach to get from 12.2 to 31 for Shock level. I waited an hour and re-tested. My FC was only at 23.8. Do I now continue to add more bleach to get it up to 31 still. Not sure why the 273oz I added didnt bring it all the way up...

Update:

I added 273oz of bleach to get from 12.2 to 31 for Shock level. I waited an hour and re-tested. My FC was only at 23.8. Do I now continue to add more bleach to get it up to 31 still. Not sure why the 273oz I added didnt bring it all the way up...

Added an additional 104 oz to get up to 31
Retested FC and it was 21.8; added an additional 133oz to get up to 31
Retested FC AGAIN 2 hours (21.8) and added again 133oz of bleach.

I cant seem to get this up to 31. What am I doing wrong? I have put so much bleach into this pool!

Next time you add bleach, test it 10 minutes later after it has had time to mix into the pool. It should be pretty close to the value you targeted. If it isn't we can review how you are testing the FC.

Odds are the FC is being consumed fighting the algae in your pool.

I'm getting a bit frustrated. The highest I have been able to get this is around 28. It's 8pm here now so the sun is going down. I have direct sun on the pool all day and today was a hot clear sunny day. I'm almost empty with my reagents now from testing every 2 hours today.

What should I do at this point? I vacuumed all the dirt and debris today so the pool itself looks clean.

It's 8:45pm here now and sun is down. Did one final test and it was 31, finally. Could the direct sun all day have been burning through the chlorine that quick? Assuming I now retest and hope that it's 31 again at sun up tomorrow?

I never was able to keep it at 31 all day today. So did I fail at shocking it? Sorry, I'm just so confused and now I will not be gone all day tomorrow to continually add bleach all day if needed.

Also, should I put my solar cover on tonight or leave it off?

I would leave the cover off for tonight and check the FC as early in the morning as you can.

Checked FC today and it was 23.9 (sigh) I dont understand whats going on. When I did my first OCLT I was only down 1PPM and added all the bleach yesterday. How did it get such a large difference now after adding all that bleach yesterday.

I feel like I am doing something wrong and now I went through a whole bottle of reagents and they wont be delivered until tomorrow or Wednesday.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.