Algae on the skimmer frame???

Jul 15, 2018
Liverpool, NY
somehow the skimmer frame was overlooked. I didn't notice until we were filling w/fresh water after draining quite a bit last night.

I went crazy with a small brush, but what I really want to do is unscrew it and soak the heck out of it! Will water get behind the liner if we take it off now?? And if I can't take it off......Can I just pore straight bleach all over it? Soak it with a rag? I've been so thorough with my brushing. 2x/day! And I did everywhere. around & behind the ladder, around the skimmer, the walls, the stairs.... But somehow it's there right at the "lip" where the frame meets the skimmer.

Ugh.... The algae has really started to go away (at least there's not a lot along the seams now), water has even gotten less cloudy

CYA had gone from 100 to 60 this morning, but we still had to add a little more water. I was looking forward to retesting and hopefully it will have dropped more when I get home from work. But now that I noticed that frame, I'm nervous that we'll be taking a couple steps back. If CYA is good tonight, I want to start the SLAM process.

Has the frame put a ripple in my plans?? :(

Just wipe it down. Wipe off the algae, then use a rag and scrub it with a strong bleach solution. When you do your weekly brushing make sure you use a small soft brush to get the skimmer as well. I like using a long handle car wash brush.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.