Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
About 2 months ago, I finally installed a drip/spray irrigation system for my potted plants. This saves me about 15 minutes each morning and evening from dragging a hose around.

I went to clean my cartridge filters and my sprayer kept plugging up. I thought it was hardwater issues we sometimes have. But as I worked on it, little bits of green flakes came out. It dawned on me, it is algae! In my garden hose!!! I guess the non-cya water in the hose being refreshed twice a day prevented the algae from building up. It appears to be normal plain green algae.

So I need to clean my hose. My buddy suggested I throw it in the pool. Like I need to tempt fate!

I am going to make a circulation setup with my small sump pump and a 6 gallon bucket. And then I plan to add enough cal-hypo to make a high FC level (maybe 100?) to kill that Crud. Any thoughts from the audience?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.