Airbnb pool is murky and has white flakes at the bottom

nazare92

Feb 21, 2021
Brazil
The white flakes start floating around when I step in, which is 100% nasty. The owner said the water is murky due to the rain messing with the pH, and indeed, it has been raining the last couple of days, but no clue about the flakes. The pool guy apparently comes tomorrow to do some regular maintenance. Are these flakes and the murky water something a simple maintenance can resolve or should I ask the bnb owner for something more?

Attachments

• 4B8D713F-0A6A-41BE-88F9-0204145E0591.jpeg
    4B8D713F-0A6A-41BE-88F9-0204145E0591.jpeg
    499.7 KB · Views: 79
I wish we could help, without a test kit who knows what is going on in that pool... The flakes could mean a high CH and with a high PH could be causing it... If it were me and I did not have my test kit I would not partake in the pool... Does it smell like chlorine and does it have any green anywhere in the water... ??? I just looked at the photo and there is algae growing in the grout... Without knowing the CYA and FC/CC I would not use it...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.