Air Leak in Raised Spa

Jul 25, 2012
Basking Ridge, NJ
Hi everyone, hope your summer is going well.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that there were air bubbles blowing out of the first jet in my raised spa. Since it was only coming out in the spa and has a Zodiac Polaris QT Spa Blower I suspected the blower was the problem. I took the blower off it's pipe and capped the pipe with a rubber DWV cap and it fixed the issue. Has anyone had any experience with an air leaking Polaris blower? I'm pretty sure they have a internal check valve and if that's the issue is there a a fix for it? By fix I mean something like the check valves that are used for water pipes like a Jandy 7056 valve; I'm sure if the blower would have that kind of power or not. Or can the blower itself be taken apart and repaired?

Thanks for your help all!

Quick Edit: My raised spa is also draining into the pool at night. I believe I had this problem a few years ago and fixed it be replacing a check valve but I've checked them all and they're all good. Not sure if the two are related.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.