Air in Pump/Bubbles From Returns

johnmastraci

Aug 1, 2020
Midwest
Hi

Just opened the pool for the season (first opening since it was built last summer).

The water is filled is halfway above the skimmer box.

I pulled all of the plugs in the 2 skimmer boxes.

I primed the pump with water from the hose.

Filter is put back together. The plug is back on the filter at the bottom.

There is a hole in the skimmer/main drain line back to the pump that the company drilled to connect a compressor - that is plugged (I added tape to make sure I had a good seal.

The pump O-ring is intact and I added some grease to create a good seal.

Not sure why I still have air!

See pics and thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_2277.jpg
    IMG_2277.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2276.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2275.jpg
    IMG_2275.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2274.jpg
    IMG_2274.jpg
    488.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2273.jpg
    IMG_2273.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 8
Unfortunately you have air because you have a leak somewhere.. A suction side leak is the hardest to find... hopefully it is something easy :)

The only reason you are having to do this is the company pressurized the pipes the WAY WRONG way and now you are dealing with there mistake... You can call the company that did your pool and have them redo the plumbing.. that is the easiest way for you and it will look normal from now on.. This is the first and best step...

This is not a standard way of doing things, this is my way of Non Standard way if they refuse and you do not want to hire a plumber. :)

1. A plastic replacement piece just like the metal one.. should be able to find it at lowes... or a PVC rod > PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) Round Rod, Opaque Gray, Standard Tolerance, UL 94/ASTM D1784, 1" Diameter, 36" Length: Pvc Plastic Raw Materials: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
2. Plasti aid > https://smile.amazon.com/Plast-aid-80100-Plastic-Repair-Ounce/dp/B004DFHLUA

You will need to screw it in or if you use the rod whittle or sand it down to make a plug.

Turn off the pump and let the pressure out, you want the area dry...

You want the plasti aid to not be runny, you want it on the thicker side
once plugged liberally apply the plasti aid and let set.. it will not look pretty but it will seal it.. I sealed a pressure side leak 8 years ago and it is still sealed :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.