Air in Intex SWCG System

Jul 10, 2011
I just setup a Intex SWCG system and after turning it on, I notice air in two different locations. I can tilt the unit to have the air escape out the return line but then small bubbles form until there is noticeable air in the system again. I have ensured all seals are tight, I am wondering if this is normal?

This is looking at the output end of the SWG, If i tilt the system to exhaust the air, the air pocket will form within 30-45 seconds.
[attachment=2:1o07wm5w]2012-06-19_12-08-40_42.jpg[/attachment:1o07wm5w]

This is the same view as above, the air seems to come from the black box there, and I see small bubbles run from the top of the tube from the input to output side. (hope that makes sense!)
[attachment=1:1o07wm5w]2012-06-19_12-08-46_511.jpg[/attachment:1o07wm5w]

This is on the Cell Housing Receptacle, this is where air is too
[attachment=0:1o07wm5w]2012-06-19_12-09-03_238.jpg[/attachment:1o07wm5w]

Attachments

• 2012-06-19_12-08-40_42.jpg
    2012-06-19_12-08-40_42.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 2012-06-19_12-08-46_511.jpg
    2012-06-19_12-08-46_511.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 2012-06-19_12-09-03_238.jpg
    2012-06-19_12-09-03_238.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 120
Re: Air in Intex SWG System

I wouldn't worry about it, unless its not allowing production of chlorine. The SWCG creates gases. If the water isn't moving fast or such, it will collect. I have a different model and have some gas pockets also.

Thanks for the feedback, I just started it so will have to wait to see if it is producing chlorine. Was just used to not seeing air bubbles coming out the return in the pool with just the filter so thought maybe something was wrong.

I get the gas pockets too when I am running on low speed through my intex swg (I have the same one as you). As clown, mentioned, mine comes from the hydrogen bubbles (and possible chlorine gas) formed at the swg electrodes. When mine is on high, the flow rate is high enough that it stays bubble free due to them getting whisked away in the flow. Having the bubbles will not hurt anything, as long as the intex flow switch is closed indicating you have high enough flow.

linen said:
Again, air is not a problem if the flow sensor is still happy.

The system is working ng good for me, added too much salt even know it was recommended amount. The water is a bit cloudy and more so after use but is not enough to warrant a drain, can lightly taste it and no irritation of eyes so i can't complain.

Is your pool cloudy right by the output only while the swg is running? Or is it cloudy throughout the pool or when the swg is not running?

Post a full set of test results if it is cloudy when the swg is not running.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
linen said:
Is your pool cloudy right by the output only while the swg is running? Or is it cloudy throughout the pool or when the swg is not running?

Post a full set of test results if it is cloudy when the swg is not running.

I will work to get a set of test results, the pool was cloudy in general regardless what was running. I was out the past week and when I returned I found very clear water but areas of grey on the bottom of the pool, once that was disturbed the pool went back to cloudy. The pump filter was also full of a earth brown color that just washed right off when hosed.

Could that just be salt?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.