Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi all,

I had to install our air blower on to the vertical PVC spa pipe today and I just want to double check that I didn't do anything wrong...

I was told I could cut the vertical PVC and just put the blower on top. As I was cutting the PVC pipe, there was a release of air, which made me really nervous, but I'm assuming that was probably just from the pressure test when the plumbing was first done.

Does this sound normal, or did I just cause a huge headache?

Thanks for the help!!!

It was a sealed system so you would have a release of air.

Out of curriosity how far is your spa from the blower? Our spa is a year old and I ended up removing the blower. When I turned it on it was just overkill. I did some research and a properly designed spa shouldn’t need one. Anyway when my pump is on full speed we get plenty of jet action. One of the threads I found as I researched how to have less airmpumped into the spa.

https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/130860-Spa-pulling-air-into-jets-through-blower-Normal

So, it was sealed and it wasn't a big deal that I cut that then, right?

Our spa is a good 60' from the equipment pad, so it was suggested that we use one. We'll see how it feels once everything is up and running!

Thanks for the reply!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.