Air bleed clamp question.

Thinkly

Oct 12, 2009
Overland Park, KS
While cleaning my FNS plus 36 DE filter yesterday I noticed that the clamp that holds the air bleeder on had deteriorated and no longer worked.

I didn’t have another one so I used a zip tie for the connection and got it as tight as I could. How will I know if this connection fails inside the filter. What should I look for?

FYI my design is slightly different and not a sock but rather a plastic looking cylinder that I assume is porous. (I didn't think to take a photo at the time so used a photo that shows one like my manifold)

Attachments

• 489989D9-B2AE-487E-A431-EA88C003416B.jpeg
    489989D9-B2AE-487E-A431-EA88C003416B.jpeg
    762.6 KB · Views: 9
I don't have that filter, but I understand what you did and why. As to its reliability, that's hard to tell. Not sure you would be able to tell if the zip tie came off unless you saw it in the backwash or just open it up again. Is your air bleed like the one listed HERE? I was thinking maybe a stainless steel clamp ring if the tie comes off? I don't see anything in parts illustrations that shows how its affixed. Maybe another FNS owner will reply.

I don't have that filter, but I understand what you did and why. As to its reliability, that's hard to tell. Not sure you would be able to tell if the zip tie came off unless you saw it in the backwash or just open it up again. Is your air bleed like the one listed HERE? I was thinking maybe a stainless steel clamp ring if the tie comes off? I don't see anything in parts illustrations that shows how its affixed. Maybe another FNS owner will reply.
No. Mine is a bit different looking. The filter was new in 2007 so it appears they have changed the design. Mine looks like this. Click here.

That clip doesn't look like much in the pic. They'll probably say you need to order the whole part because they don't sale the clip separately. :brickwall: You can contact them to confirm though. Otherwise, since it's not directly related to accumulating or retaining pressure, I'd use the tie or a stainless steel clamp. We have some resourceful members, so maybe someone else will reply with their personal experience.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.