Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Hello,

This is my third season with an AGP. I'm having some issues with the vacuum options. When we got the pool, I got a $100 vacuum that hooks up to the filter and creeps along the bottom with suction. The problem is, it gets stuck on my confer wedding cake steps and stops moving. We switched to a manual which has been less than ideal. I talked to the people as Leslie's and they said my only other option is a battery powered manual that has its own filter. This seems slightly better than trying to deal with the hose. The wedding cake steps seem fairly common so what is everyone else doing? If I'm stuck with a manual vacuum, are some better than others?

Both y'all hop in with a snorkle mask on. Not only can you see WAY better, but it's 95% swimming and 5% 'work'.

It's also incredibly peaceful. 12/10 would reccomend.

Right now I think I would end up pretty sick with how green that water is but yes, that would be the plan going forward. Okay so if I do manual vacuuming is there a brand or type that is better than the others?

Okay so if I do manual vacuuming is there a brand or type that is better than the others?
Trail and error. My VS pump needs about half throttle to make the triangular brush head work well. At full throttle it sticks to the floor and pulls up the liner. Low speed on a 2 speed may be too low.

But if you find it works for you, I love that it kills to birds with one stone and brushes while you vac.

I dont have wedding cake steps but have tried so many different types of vacuums on my 18’ AGP. This is the latest that I bought last spring. I love it! You charge it, drop it in and come back an hour later and the pool is clean. It parks itself by the side of the pool when charge runs out. AIPER Cordless Robotic Pool Cleaner, Pool Vacuum with Dual-Drive Motors, Self-Parking Technology, Lightweight, Perfect for Above-Ground/In-Ground Flat Pools up to 40 Feet (Lasts 90 Mins) https://a.co/d/cLJlHtN

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.