AGP sits too deep

sadler850

Aug 10, 2021
New Hamsphire
I have racked my brain, searched this site, googled, and everything I can think of. I am hoping some of you can help.
My 18' round AGP sits too deep and I need to drain runoff water from around it. There is 1 small section by the left side of the pool (red arrow in pic) that is the most level, but still has a small slope toward the pool. I though about a drain tube (French drain system), but there isn't enough of a "low spot" anywhere for the water to drain out of the pipe. The manufacture explicitly says "NO FILL AGAINST THE POOL". I am at a loss and do not want to dig out my yard and surround the pool with walls. I though about a 2-3 course high blocks to use as "edging, But i am afraid it will be too easy to climb into the pool. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Pool.jpg
    Pool.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 26
Welcome to TFP! :wave: I can see your dilemma. Moisture/water remains on that left side with no way to drain away. I think your only option may be to to fill-in and raise that area slightly. Just enough to get a small grade away from the pool. I know you mentioned trying to avoid it, but in this case I'm not seeing an alternative.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.