AGP Collapse during build. Is it still salvageable?

Jul 10, 2017
Chelan, WA
Hello everyone!

We need opinions!

We got off to a late start installing our new 24’x54” AGP Lomart Whispering Wind II. During install of the walls we had a windstorm come through & knock everything over! Now we have a beautiful dented pool!

Structurally nothing appeared to have have been damaged, aside from the dents in the wall. The steal support vertical frames were fine as well as the lower & upper rails. We had not yet installed the upper skirting etc.

We were able to knock out some of the dents & get the pool back up. It is now ready for the liner however, before we do that, I wanted to get everyone’s opinion.

1. What is your thoughts on the pool bottom? We have an anchor shield pad over packed & level sand. The pool itself is on excavated lawn which the earth itself is big, rocky farm land. Personally I was surprised to see this “pad” was not padded at all but instead like the felt liner I use in my flower bed to prevent weeds.

2. The MAIN concern. The DENTS! Is our pool going to survive? Is it even worth putting the liner in if the thing may collapse or rust out? We have hard freezes for months at a time & don’t intend on taking the pool down. I don’t want it collapsing, ever! Any suggestions on further dent removal or are they ok? They don’t protrude & are not sharp, however I have heard a variety of things... it’s fine, it’s toast, it’s going to rust, etc etc! What do we do?!

I have attached pictures for reference. There’s the collapse & then 2 of the set up now with the dents...

Thank you SO much for your help!!!

Hi, welcome to TFP! It should be ok. As far as rust goes I would hit the inside of the wall with rustoleum primer anywhere you see dents or creases. You can re-inforce the wall with sheet metal about 2 feet up in the areas with the worst dents. Tape over the edges of the sheet metal a couple of time with duct tape, then tape them to the wall. The bottom edge of the sheet metal should rest on the floor of the pool behind the cove. Put the liner in and fill as usual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.