Jun 6, 2015
Boston/MA
I read a post from more than 60 days ago that said a vinyl pool doesn't require Calcium. You just need to check it from time to time to ensure your levels aren't too high.

I am new to the Pool Math app... but on a positive note - I just switched from Pristine Blue to exclusively the TFP technique. On that note, using the Pool Math app - it recommends my calcium level be 50-550 but mine is at 40. I have a vinyl liner AGP 24 ft. with a Hayward Gas heater. Does the gas heater alter your view on whether I need calcium or not?

PS: I should have read more about the TF100 test kit. My K-2006 Leslie's comes with 2 small bottles of CYA tester. Looks like I'll be buying some more soon.

For the vinyl, a low calcium level is of little consequence. For some bodies of water, primarily spas, it can help to prevent foaming. As for the heater, typically a low pH is the dangerous culprit (corrosion), but if your heater manual recommends a specific amount of CH for warranty purposes, you can do that as needed.

Reactions: RedSoxFan
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.