AG pool install huge problem. Help.

Sarah G

Jun 30, 2019
Toronto
Ugh I feel like crying, 15 hours yesterday and this is the result. 12 foot round Aqualeader Phantom resin.

1. We measured and it was a perfect circle until we got the liner in. It is bending where the white rails the liner snaps into meet (FYI standard snapbead was not fun). We were thinking the uprights may correct this until...

2. I moved on to the directions for the uprights and it said the bolts should be behind an upright. Because that would prevent the skimmer from being behind an upright. ???

I feel very stupid but wish the Aqualeader manual had not waited to mention that until AFTER the liner was in. Just not thinking.

I guess we have to remove the liner and try to shimmy the wall in the track over? So the bolts are behind an upright and the skimmer isn't behind an upright. Will this fix the wonky shape?

(This will prob mess up the foam base, coving, Rhino pad that are taped in. ?)

If there is any other option, like putting the skimmer elsewhere, please let me know. The pool is being completely incased in decking so doesn't matter how it looks.

20190701_094524-1512x2016.jpg20190701_094533-2016x1512.jpg20190701_094602-2016x1512.jpg

Hello and Welcome to TFP!! Sorry to hear of your woes. Yes, you should read through the install instructions front to back before you start.
You will need to unhook the liner and fold it into the middle. Then remove the bolts attaching the two ends of the wall together. Lift and roll the wall back up starting from the end without the skimmer. Once you have it all rolled up, move the end with the skimmer to the proper location behind an upright. Make sure the skimmer is in the down wind portion of the pool so that the prevailing winds push the debris into the skimmer.
One hint to keep the wall upright as you put it in place: Use string, binder clips and stakes to hold the wall against the uprights and keep it from collapsing inward as you install the wall. See the attached pic. The as you install the liner, you can reclip over the liner to hold until you get the pool half filled and the wall is stable.
Don't cut the hole for the skimmer and return until the water is right up to that respective level.
I would also recommend that you go on YouTube and watch a few AGP pool installs to get more comfortable in the process. You may learn some more hints.

full

Just a funny...
Dad bolted one AGP up really well. It did not get behind an upright so these giant bolts were unsightly but looked super sturdy.
When 4 grown boys jumped in all together one night that wall gave way like perforated paper.

It was pretty funny ?

Reactions: Sarah G
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.