Aftermath of the Freeze

Texasnative

Nov 28, 2020
Texas
I too dealt with the freeze in Texas and I'll share my experience for others in the future. We had subfreezing weather down to 3 degrees one day and rolling blackouts. We were below 25 degrees for 3 days straight. The first power outage I drained everything after 3 hours but we got power back shortly after so I got everything back up and running. From there on out our outages were rolling and were no longer than 2.5-3 hours. We cut on every pump in freeze protection and timed the outages to make sure nothing went too long (otherwise we were ready to drain again). I covered our equipment enclosure with tarps and then equipment with moving blankets to help with the chill. The tarps gave us an extra +10 degrees when the pumps were running. Our pool basically froze completely over even with the pump running but after thawing it appears we had on tile come loose when the ice broke off, otherwise the pool is good. We did have a pipe break on the pad but it was the backwash drain pipe that somehow had water trapped in it. All in all we came out lucky. On a positive note I learned more about how our pool functions and our equipment than I have in the past 4 months I've lived in our new home.

Reactions: Mdragger88
On a positive note I learned more about how our pool functions and our equipment than I have in the past 4 months I've lived in our new home.
A lot of folks got a crash course to bring them up to speed. I’m glad you got through relatively unscathed. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.