Bao

Jul 22, 2023
Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Generally how long does it take PH to drift down to normal reading once slam is over and pool is closed for winter?
Concerned zHigh pH may cause damage to vinyl liner.
I did not know aeration from return can increase PH. Good to know.
How many drops(red) to test PH using TF100 test kit,
Thank you.

Generally how long does it take PH to drift down to normal reading once slam is over and pool is closed for winter?
When your FC <10, the pH test will be valid. pH is not normally high because FC is high.

How many drops(red) to test PH using TF100 test kit,

How long have you had your pool? How often in the past do you add MA? Is your additions of MA consistent? Some TFPers pH is stable and they hardly add MA. In my case, my pH rises over 4 or 5 days and and I add MA on a consistent basis. Each pool is different.

FC is 11
PH 8.2 probably higher
Should I go ahead and Add MA to bring PH level down to 7.2-7.8?
Wait for your FC to drop below 10 before testing and lowering pH. The pH test is invalid with FC >10.
After your FC is below 10, test and lower pH to 7.4 and call it a day.

What was pH before you increased FC to SLAM level and when was that?

Are you currently SLAMing because of algae and/or not passing OCLT, or did you just want to bring FC up to SLAM level before closing the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.