Mar 10, 2019
Cyprus
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi,

After a recent update, I'm seeing that I lose partially entered measurements if I change to a different app. This is the iPhone iOS version of PoolMath.

I usually change to a different app, e.g. Chrome browser, to get the water temperature, but doing so causes PoolMath to forget any entered data when I return to PoolMath. PoolMath is back at the overview.

In older version of PoolMath this didn't happen.

More than once, I've forgotten to save, and lost all the measurements I just did - causing me to have to redo them.

Hope we can fix it.

thanks
Jesper

I occasionally lose signal so I usually save after every entry or perform a couple tests then enter and save. By selecting "logs", then selecting the last line of logs you entered, you can add to the same line of data.

On the App store there was a user who rated the App one star because of this exact issue. I cursed and cursed as I couldn't recreate the issue even though I was on the exact same phone running the exact same iOS version. No matter what I did I couldn't get the App to close.

Then I got hit in the head and thought of one difference, and it turned out to be the source. When I was testing I was using a demo version of PoolMath, not the one in the App Store. Downloaded the version from the App store and was able to recreate the crash first time. Don't ask me what occurred but clearly there was an issue with the live version. Downloaded the internal Beta again and again the issue was addressed. We do plan on taking a second look at this issue shortly and it should be fixed in the next update. That said, I'm unsure when the next update is going to be launched due to some personal/work issues of the developer (IE....he's busy as heck at his day job)

Reactions: jesper
I occasionally lose signal so I usually save after every entry or perform a couple tests then enter and save. By selecting "logs", then selecting the last line of logs you entered, you can add to the same line of data.

Yep, that is my workaround. But I have to remember to save before I change app, otherwise it is gone.

I see Leebo said in the next reply that it is something that can hopefully be fixed. With a bit of luck I’ll remember to save until then.

On the App store there was a user who rated the App one star because of this exact issue. I cursed and cursed as I couldn't recreate the issue even though I was on the exact same phone running the exact same iOS version. No matter what I did I couldn't get the App to close.

Then I got hit in the head and thought of one difference, and it turned out to be the source. When I was testing I was using a demo version of PoolMath, not the one in the App Store. Downloaded the version from the App store and was able to recreate the crash first time. Don't ask me what occurred but clearly there was an issue with the live version. Downloaded the internal Beta again and again the issue was addressed. We do plan on taking a second look at this issue shortly and it should be fixed in the next update. That said, I'm unsure when the next update is going to be launched due to some personal/work issues of the developer (IE....he's busy as heck at his day job)
Awesome thanks

Reactions: Leebo
Just to close on this, there was an App update in the iOS App store today, and after applying it, things are back to normal.

Thanks!

Reactions: Leebo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.