Advice wanted for poor pebble tec install

Brando74

Mar 2, 2022
Palm Desert
Hi-
I recently had pebble tech installed in my new pool. The majority of the install is great except their is a huge blemish near my steps which I can only see at night? I addressed this issue with the contractor and he refused to correct it as a patch would make it off color. Any suggestions? Am I being overly nit picky?

Attachments

• E8073015-7A90-420B-81CF-0AF838B5B976.jpeg
    E8073015-7A90-420B-81CF-0AF838B5B976.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 2E8EB3BB-AFD1-4922-B803-FB601FFC0D67.jpeg
    2E8EB3BB-AFD1-4922-B803-FB601FFC0D67.jpeg
    462.5 KB · Views: 61
  • F5C384D7-3DF9-4302-A7B6-C2853079EEB3.jpeg
    F5C384D7-3DF9-4302-A7B6-C2853079EEB3.jpeg
    508.6 KB · Views: 58
I don't know that you are being overly picky. I definitely see and it definitely looks worse with the white light.

As it is a hand applied finish, there very well may be some blemishes in it. In this unfortunate case, it happens to be in a very noticeable spot, due to the way the lighting hits it. I believe if it were further away from the steps (towards the right in the photos), you may not have noticed it. It definitely wouldn't have been as noticeable. Honestly, if you hadn't circled it and said it was an issue, I wouldn't have picked it out as a problem.

I agree with the installer. I think patching it would make it look worse. In this case it is now part of the character of your pool. You will most likely be the only one who notices this, as it is your pool and rightfully so, you are being critical of the product. This is one of those things to which I say "if anyone brings it up, I'll throw them out!" because I know it is something that only I am going to be picky about. Everyone who is enjoying your pool and hospitality aren't even going to notice.

If it is any consolation, my pool has an ever so slight boot mark that I can only see at night when the lights are on. I don't particularly care for it, but trying to fix it would have made it much worse. And in the 2 years it's been there, nobody has mentioned it to me.

--Jeff

Reactions: renesme and Casey
I agree with Jeff. While you know every perfect and imperfect aspect of your pool since being built, we all want the best and most professional installation that our money can buy. With that being said, for your PB to go in and fix this pimple, it would come out looking even angrier and leave a huge scar for such a small area. As in the words of @Newdude nobody swimming in your pool will ever care about that while kids are cannon balling, adults are congregating on floats and the grill is sizzling.

I hope you can learn to love your pool. Your finish overall looks pretty smooth. I do understand your angst as I recieved a fiberglass shell I paid a lot of money for with a 6"×5" blemish on one of my step outs and I know the patch job on that will never be what the rest of the pool will be. I know its there as you know it's there. But my late husband and my granddaughter had not even noticed and it was just installed brand new in Oct. Enjoy your pool.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.