Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hi gang,
Our pump has a suction side air leak - based on the previous owner’s putty fix, and confirmed by a garden hose focused on the fitting, it appears to be the union on the suction side just upon entering the pump. If I had to guess it’s a loose connection between the threaded male connection to the pump housing. As you can see, replacing the union all together is tricky since there is less than 1” available near the valve assembly. Is it possible to just replace the male threaded portion of this union and expect a tight fit? Much appreciated! The air leak is minimal, and it never comes close to losing prime, I just want to do it right 😁8FCAF51A-EEF5-4B08-ADC7-E936A582A0C1.jpeg

Like this:

Picked up one of these wrenches up for 7.99, grabbed an O-ring and got to work. With Union threaded free, and the pump unscrewed to the platform, I was also able to remove the male half from pump housing and reattach. I used new teflon tape. Reattached everything and now doesn’t suck a single air bubble! So psyched!!!

Reactions: Oly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.