JLEAHG

Jul 20, 2022
Oklahoma City
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
First-time pool owner here! I had started out with a solar ionizer before I found TFP. My copper levels were sky-high. Since then, I've drained and refilled my pool.

2 days ago, once my pool was refilled, I added 21 oz of Dry Stabilizer and 15 oz of Bleach (10%)

Tonight, I tested... for the first time with my TF-100 test kit. :)
Hopefully, I did everything correctly!
This is what I came up with:
FC - .5
pH - 6.8
TA - 50
CYA - 20

I added more Dry Stabilizer and Bleach (per Pool Math) as follows:
11oz Dry Stabilizer
13oz Bleach (10%)

What do I do now? I just read something in another thread about CYA taking a week to show up properly. If that's the case then I probably have too much now, right? Aye yai yai!
What should I focus on? Do I need to worry about the pH and TA right now, or just focus on getting the CYA and FC to the correct levels? :-/

Attachments

• IMG_5803.PNG
    IMG_5803.PNG
    436.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5804.jpg
    IMG_5804.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 9
Most important is FC, you need to follow FC/CYA Levels. If you added the cya assume its in there. Test 3 or 4 days later. Ph will come up, if you have water features or a way to aerate to raise PH that is easier. TA is fine.
Thank you! So just test for chlorine daily and add as needed until this weekend and check everything again? I don't have a water feature or anything to aerate but will look into that for the future.

In post #1 you show PH 6.8 , then you said you added dry acid which brings it down. My comment is why would you lower PH when mid 7s is where it should reside.
Oh - ok. I added Dry Stabilizer (CYA) to increase my CYA levels. I haven't made any pool math recommended adjustments for pH yet. It is currently recommending I add 27 oz of Borax for that.

Congrats on your pool! You are doing well.

Like they mentioned earlier concentrate on matching your FC to your CYA…a target of FC 5ppm would give you a nice cushion for FC loss during our hot days if you want to make sure it does not get close. You can test to see how much the bleach increases your FC 30min to an hour after adding with pump circulating since you were low to make sure it is good.

As far as aeration, if you have room to add water you can attach a hose to your ladder above the water and let the running water splash into the pool. If you have it, you can add 20 Mule Team Borax to just get into the 7’s and then let it rise naturally.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.