HappyClimber

Jun 14, 2022
Pennsylvannia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello Everyone. Thank you so much! With your help I finally got my pool (previously swamp complete with fish) open July 1st:). I bought the house 2 years ago and already have a reel for a solar cover but the ends are pretty busted up and the cover itself was a mess so I would like to order another cover and hopefully use the existing reel with new ends if possible. I live in the middle of an oak forest so there are lots of leaves bugs, and even acorns so I would like some system that allows me to maybe spray the cover off with a hose or otherwise be able to clear off the top of it when needed. I have read a few posts and saw the cheap, thin, and blue advice. So I am curious if others agree with that, and if I can get new caps for this roll. I am also curious with this set up do I want a cover long enough to drape over the end of the pool or just long enough to touch the inside pool wall when it is unrolled. We also get wind so I need advice of keeping it from blowing off since it is held up in the air by the reel. I will hopefully be adding helpful pictures. Pool is 18x34.

Thank you thank you

Attachments

• 20220705_201134.jpg
    20220705_201134.jpg
    592.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220705_201131.jpg
    20220705_201131.jpg
    526.3 KB · Views: 10
Cheapest & blue - yes!
None of them live that long no matter how expensive or thick etc.
Not sure about your reel situation so hopefully someone else will be along shortly to chime in on that.
If the cover is only resting on the water it should be held in place by surface tension- not sure how much an overhang would affect that.
You may need to weigh it down in that case.

Cheapest & blue - yes!
None of them live that long no matter how expensive or thick etc.
Not sure about your reel situation so hopefully someone else will be along shortly to chime in on that.
If the cover is only resting on the water it should be held in place by surface tension- not sure how much an overhang would affect that.
You may need to weigh it down in that case.
thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.