Advice on replacing my nature2 with rj60

Jun 3, 2017
Richmond TX
I could use some advice. I am converting to swg and want to use the space where my nature 2 is installed to put my salt cell. I am very limited in space so I have the vertical install kit. My question is, is there any way to utilize the existing union on the output side of the nature 2? I am planning on replacing the union and sweep off of the heater, but don’t have much pvc on the other side before it hits the valve body. Any insight would helpful

Attachments

• EBEC03C8-E632-4EDD-BD50-F027719C41FB.jpeg
    EBEC03C8-E632-4EDD-BD50-F027719C41FB.jpeg
    418.9 KB · Views: 19
Jm,

Not likely. Cell manufacturers all seem to use proprietary unions.

I did my own installation of an RJ 30+ about a year ago. Pretty much a snap! I did order the maintenance spool piece that made installation easier. So far I can't find any ordinary unions that fit. Same for all brands they had for sale at Pinch a Penny in my area. Each one was different from the other.

Wish I had better news.

Chris

You can remove the union at the heater and replace it with a regular union. Then, use a regular 90. At the valve, it looks like there's enough pipe to connect a fitting or you can use a 2.5" coupling to the outside of the valve.

As James indicates I'm pretty sure Jandy cell union will work since they both are the same company. Be aware though that if you DIY you will have no warranty on Jandy. Many 3rd party offer better than major manufacturer OEM warranty for any installer including DIY. If you're doing Jandy through an authorized installer you will get full warranty. Other major manufacturers reduce warranty for DIY instead of eliminating it. There are many types of equipment that I'm OK with a short warranty such as electronics that usually fail early if they're going to fail but swg cell is not one of them. Cells are better but still too many failures of cells that need warranty replacement.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Just buy the Nature2 FusionSOFT. It is the identical vessel as the Fusion you have. Don't use the mineral cartridge that it will come with.

FYI: The Jandy connectors on each end of that Fusion are proprietary. I doubt you will find anything to fit them.

Appreciate the feedback, I have already settled on the Rj-60 plus unit and just gathering all of the parts before cutting into it. As far a warranty goes, they have a 7 year pro-rated regardless of DIY install.
Great choice, have installed a few of them with very good feedback. Get educated on the water chemistry. Maintaining a slightly negative CSI is going to keep the cell clean making it last longer as the muriatic acid used to de-scale the cell shorten its lifespan.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.