Advice on pool bullnose

dvleemin

Jan 18, 2021
Edmonton, AB
Hi,
We're from Edmonton, Alberta, and putting in a pool this summer and are now looking at options for the pool deck, and in particular the pool bullnosing. What we are likely to do is make the pool patio out of these: Broadway 65mm | A Modern Paver Built For Pedestrian Use - Barkman Concrete Given our climate that get very cold, pavers should last longer and have less issues (like cracking) than a stamped concrete pad. But what we're struggling with now is how that will work with pool bullnose edging. There's no bullnose pavers made by this manufacturer, so i think we'll need to do a concrete bullnose? How do you get it to match and look seamless with the pavers? Is it just a matter of coloured concrete, and getting it as close to the pavers as possible?

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

Darryl

Look into outdoor porcelain tile such as Artera. But whatever you choose make sure you see how they looked laid out. When we were picking our deck the ones in the magazine looked totally different when we went to the store.

Hi,
We're from Edmonton, Alberta, and putting in a pool this summer and are now looking at options for the pool deck, and in particular the pool bullnosing. What we are likely to do is make the pool patio out of these: Broadway 65mm | A Modern Paver Built For Pedestrian Use - Barkman Concrete Given our climate that get very cold, pavers should last longer and have less issues (like cracking) than a stamped concrete pad. But what we're struggling with now is how that will work with pool bullnose edging. There's no bullnose pavers made by this manufacturer, so i think we'll need to do a concrete bullnose? How do you get it to match and look seamless with the pavers? Is it just a matter of coloured concrete, and getting it as close to the pavers as possible?

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

Darryl
Hi. Their "Landscape Gallery" shows they make bullnose pavers used in pools in their pics. Call them to see what color matches they have for the Broadway pavers. You might be limited by your color choices compared to just the Broadway pavers.

You could use another manufacturer's bullnose too. I would use a contrasting color though if you go that route. The chances of getting them to match from a different mfg would be slim.

I personally wouldn't settle for concrete coping if you want the pavers. You won't get it to match perfectly so you'd need to do a contrasting color with that too (I think). I think it depends on your tolerance for a close match. If it's a shade or two different would you be okay with that? Some people would hate it, others wouldn't mind. If you have a concrete guy who can guarantee the match go for it. With a clear contrast you won't have to worry about it and it will make the coping stand out. But that's not seamless so you may not want that look. Either way you'll be swimming in a beautiful pool come the summer. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.