Advice on first time base leveling

Ryred

May 26, 2020
Ontario
Hello all!

New to the forum, and pool ownership in general. We've recently purchased a 17' round summer escapes pool, as excavated our backyard to what we thought was level. (There was a 6" variance from one side to the other). However, when the pool was 3/4 full, the water level had a 2.5" variance, so I knew we had to empty and start over.

We're now going with pavers under the supports, and I've started putting them in place using a water tube level, and basing height on the lowest paver. I've now completed 15 out of 17, and realize we have a considerable amount of material to remove to bring the center area down to the level of the perimeter.
I was wondering if it's possible to double up the pavers, and then build up the lower side. This would put the pavers flush with the center on one side, and 1.5" higher on the low side. If the perimeter is level all around, and on virgin earth, can the field be filled with mechanically compacted material?

Thanks for your help!

Ryan

I am no expert but have seen enough posts where someone who is will probably tell you no.
I am also having a terrible time leveling out my ground. I am about 2 inches off. Please do let me know if you find any tricks.

That's what I'm anticipating hearing :( I'm digging in straight clay, which is killing me! I've started to dig out the soil in-between the pavers, but have no where to put it Local companies are currently charging $500+ for a 4 yard clean fill bin! Guess they are trying to make up lost revenue from the COVID shutdown.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.