adjusting PH at high chlorine levels

midijamm

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2015
Marathon fl
I was recently tasked to rectify a pool that had been left with no care for several months. It was very green with growths on the bottom that were beginning to look like green dust bunnies. I jumped right in with Home Depot's HDX 10% chlorine at a 12-15 PPM level and after a few days it is getting much better. Now I realize that I failed to lower PH before I started. Should I let it drop below 10PPM to get an accurate PH reading before continuing the SLAM?D 1.jpg

Now I realize that I failed to lower PH before I started. Should I let it drop below 10PPM to get an accurate PH reading before continuing the SLAM?
Probably not a bad idea. Based on the look of that water, th FC will probably drop quickly, and you only need it to fall to about 10 anyways to get a more accurate pH. Then you can get back to SLAM business. I hope your "friend" is taking care of you for this one. :cheers: Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.