Adhesive Recommendations for Replacing Tiles That Fell Off

May 3, 2015
Moorpark, CA
The tiles around my pool are irregular shaped. At one location around the perimeter of the pool, a small tile fell off. I didn't think much of it, until another fell off, right next to where the first one fell off a few months earlier. Then a few days ago, a large tile fell off adjacent to the other two. With this tile, some grout came with the tile. I want to permanently repair this, and wanted to know what the best adhesive is that I can use.

Thanks!

I had this issue more than 5 years ago, a section that kinda curves inward lost a row of about 8-10 tiles. I could hear they were hollow behind for some time before a few popped. Dropped the level below the tiles, forced off a few more that were hollow and used thinset and regular sanded grout afterwards. Nothing special.

The PBs sub that did the tile used portland and sand, mixed it on the sun shelf.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.