Adding Stenner...

May 29, 2018
Chicago, IL
I am looking to do a Stenner Chlorine pump install and want to check with the experts... Would one of these two caps be a good place to install the injector? It is the last point before returning to the pool... I figured I can replace the cap with one with an injector installed.. I have 3 returns on the pool... not sure which one serves 2 and which one serves 1. The Puck chlorinator is not in use.

Attachments

• IMG_6025.JPG
    IMG_6025.JPG
    566.3 KB · Views: 37
I guess what I'm asking is.. does anyone know of a fitting where I can replace the cap with a threaded end for the stenner to connect to? Also... average 30ish oz a day of 12.5%.. so would probably only use a 5gal bucket... not too concerned with the rate of having to refill. Looking to automate this so I can go a couple days without having to check and add chlorine. If I find the 5 gal bucket to be too small... I will adjust.

I installed a Stenner pump a few weeks back on my pool. Works great! Those look like threaded caps in the pic. If so, you can bush down to the correct size for your injection fitting. Lowe’s or Home Depot has the fittings. I bought the Econ-T Stenner pump (15 gpd) with built-in timer mounted on 15 gallon tank made by Stenner. Works great. 21oz of 10% LC is 1ppm in my 16600 gallon pool. At present with hot Texas days I’m injecting 84 ozs of LC in early morning hours and holding my FC level perfect so far. Good Luck!

Looking at this 15 Gal drum for using with the Stenner pump that's on the way... I found it for $10 on Facebook Marketplace. Does anyone know if it would be safe to use for outdoor storage? I haven't bought it yet..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 8.13.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 8.13.39 PM.png
    230.8 KB · Views: 4
Yes, the drum will work for you. But be careful, depending on what was in it originally, you may have a reaction to the bleach.
I would rinse it out WELL with hot water before using it if it contained ANY type of chemical.
I would use the cap that is closest to the chlorinator as your injection point.

Yes, the drum will work for you. But be careful, depending on what was in it originally, you may have a reaction to the bleach.
I would rinse it out WELL with hot water before using it if it contained ANY type of chemical.
I would use the cap that is closest to the chlorinator as your injection point.
Thanks Ron. I’m just curious… why the cap closest to the chlorinator??

Because it is the one furthest upstream, and as it injects the liquid chlorine will mix almost instantly with the filtered water, and get carried throughout the pipes to ALL the returns.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.