Adding new hand railing to paver deck or first step underwater? Recommendations

blakeusa

In The Industry
Jul 8, 2010
Ashford, CT
Looking at installing a new SR Smith Art-1004 railing to my pool.
Dimensions make it more functional if I was to install it using the first step (underwater) to attatch the anchors vs deck mount.
If I deck mount it is too high (for my wife) and does not extend into the pool enough. She has some heatlh issues.

Anybody have feedback or recommendations -- if I was to mount on the first stair.
Most likley using some type of screwed and glued mount for the anchors... and was going to use a Powdercoated rail if that matters for rot.
Thanks in advance. B

I have ordered a different brand. See below. I plan to mount this only on the deck using the 6inch deck footings. I do not plan to have it touch the water and base on my measurements it should extend over the second step.

This is coated as well. It does not require bonding. If you put the rail in the water, you may need to bond it - need to get proper advice on this.
Go to Saftron website for all versions of their pool rails.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.