adding DE

When you add a "little" DE to a sand filter you're only adding about a cup or just enough to raise your pressure 1psi. DE sits on top of the sand. When you backwash you'll then lose that DE and will have to replace it if you want to continue using it.

I can't comment on your warranty, as I can't recall anyone ever having a warranty problem with sand filters???

Maddie :flower:

When you add a "little" DE to a sand filter you're only adding about a cup or just enough to raise your pressure 1psi. DE sits on top of the sand. When you backwash you'll then lose that DE and will have to replace it if you want to continue using it.

I can't comment on your warranty, as I can't recall anyone ever having a warranty problem with sand filters???

I should have asked if I would add DE after each back wash until pool is clear....or only once in a while....I have had to hire a weekly cleaning service at $100.00 a time, so will be backwashing it myself between their visits.
I am a Sr Sr. I can add DE to the pool as needed but unable to do the in between cleaning that it may need.

[/QUOTE]

We only recommend you to backwash when your filter pressure rises 25% over baseline. For you, having added DE, your baseline would include that 1psi of DE you added. Don't over backwash, a slightly dirty filter actually cleans better than a spotless one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.