Prosper, TX (DFW)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have a new pool with the Pentair Intellicenter + 2 Intellivalves. They work great for switching between pool and spa mode, but I still have to manually turn the valves for the other things.

I've been toying around with the idea of adding actuators to the waterfall and/or tanning ledge bubbler to be able to control those with automation. Pics are attached, but I have a couple of general questions as I plan for the spring:

- I currently have 2 intellivalves, but will any actuator work with the other valves and my Intellicenter?
- If I would add another intellivalve, does that give me flexibility to have multiple settings on a valve. For example, have the bubbler 50% open, fully closed, and 100% open.
- The valves without actuators are 90 degree valves, but most actuators I see are 180 degrees. Can I adjust those from 180 to 90?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6503.jpg
    IMG_6503.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6504.jpg
    IMG_6504.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6505.jpg
    IMG_6505.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 32
I have a new pool with the Pentair Intellicenter + 2 Intellivalves. They work great for switching between pool and spa mode, but I still have to manually turn the valves for the other things.

I've been toying around with the idea of adding actuators to the waterfall and/or tanning ledge bubbler to be able to control those with automation. Pics are attached, but I have a couple of general questions as I plan for the spring:

- I currently have 2 intellivalves, but will any actuator work with the other valves and my Intellicenter?
- If I would add another intellivalve, does that give me flexibility to have multiple settings on a valve. For example, have the bubbler 50% open, fully closed, and 100% open.
- The valves without actuators are 90 degree valves, but most actuators I see are 180 degrees. Can I adjust those from 180 to 90?

Thanks!
#1 - Any actuator will work, the do not need to be IntelliValves
#2 - No, That functionality has not been enabled...yet. Supposedly it will be someday but not any time soon
#3 - The internal cams in the actuators are easily adjustable so if you get a 90 or a 180 and need something different its no problem to adjust them.

Since you need multiple positions configured you might want to get IntelliValves with the assumption that one day it will be possible.

Reactions: JJ_Tex
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.