Adding a UV light to reduce CC

Aug 8, 2015
Jeffeson, MA
Not sure this is the right thread for a UV light question but seeing as it has to do with sanitation I thought this might be the right one. I was told in the past that the addition of a UV light would be helpful in keeping my CC under control due to the fact that my pool at work is an indoor pool that gets very little direct sunlight so CC can be an issue. I have used SeaKlear stage 1 and 2 to help as well, but it is sort of a tough schedule to maintain and is expensive.

Also, I was researching a few brands and some of the videos claim you can actually lower your FC levels and receive the same sanitation, safer, healthier, etc. Would like to know if there is any truth to those claims and/or which brands anyone would recommend. They are not cheap either and looks like most of them you need to change the bulb every year which I am sure is not cheap either. Lowering the FC levels below 1ppm is not an option for this pool anyway as it is a commercial indoor pool and the state regs are that I have to keep the FC between 1-3ppm and CC no higher than .2ppm. Any help or advise would be appreciated. I am changing the water in about a month and trying to plan ahead if it seems worthwhile.

Thanks,

For an indoor pool, adding a UV system can certainly be a good idea to help breakdown the CC.

I would NOT however, suggest believing them that the FC can be maintained at a lower level.

Do the state regulations allow the use of CYA in the pool? Even adding 20ppm and then keeping the FC at 2-3ppm would make the water MUCH less harsh on the bathers.
Nevermind ... just saw your other post.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.