Adding a second intake for above ground metal wall pool.

Apr 18, 2012
I recently went from an 22' Intex to a 21' Saltwater LX pool. I really like the pool, except one thing. On my Intex I installed a through the wall skimmer, but it also had a lower intake about 10" below the skimmer level. It was great because if my water went to low in my skimmer I didn't suck air, it also is where i hooked my vacuum line for my Pentair shark cleaner. With my new pool if my water level isn't at least 3 inches above the skimmer it will start sucking air with the water and pump stops pumping Has anyone cut a second intake in a metal wall pool? Both my skimmer and return were precut on the end wall, so I am unsure if this is possible. If not any other ideas to prevent this?

Thanks
Tanner

Lots of people have done this Tanner. After a bump here, some will answer most likely, but look around, and you can find plentyof threads where people have made this mod. Good luck, and enjoy the forums.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.