Adding a sand filter, cutting in a skimmer, and swg to coleman ultra frame

Sep 2, 2017
highland, il
Looking for ideas, links, pictures. I've found some on here. Looking for any and all input. Layout, platforms for the units, plumbing ( mainly the skimmer) placement, etc. Had the a\c cartridge filter.
The swg is the intex eco7110, the sand filter (received today) is the intex sf80110-1. Skimmer (in transit) is the swimline hydrotools.
What you've done, why you did it, what you'd do different.

Thank you

Hi! I’m not an expert, but just wanted to chime in and let you know that there is a lot of great advice here, and whenever I Google how to do anything regarding my pool, the top results usually all lead back here!

Do you have photos of your current setup?

No pictures of current system. If I remember, I'll get some tonight. Currently it's still winterized. Cover on, hoses and filter/pump disconnected. PVC connected to one of the openings, to act as an overflow.
I did buy some 18" x 18" bricks this morning, to make a base for both units.
I've not researched or tried to post pics on this site, any restrictions or tricks?

No tricks, but you are limited in the number of photos you can post. If you decide to become a supporter, you’ll get more photo space.

No... when you go to settings, what do you have “Default Thread Subscription Mode” set as?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was just getting ready to ask if the blocks were for the equipment! I have my equipment set up on two blocks, very similar to what you show.

I was advised to install skimmer wherever it appeared that the circulation would be optimum. If there are prevailing wind patterns, use the wind to encourage stuff to be moved toward skimmer.

I have two intakes, one the normal intake and the other is the skimmer. I keep the valve for the normal intake about a quarter of the way open so that if something happens to block skimmer, my pump won’t run dry.

Photo space is limited. You get more if you become a supporter!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.