Add 3 bags of Salt??

Re-read Richard320's post. Don't assume you need salt. Heed his advice......if your SWG is happy and producing chlorine, you should be happy, too.

Not necessarily. I recently had to recalibrate my SWG. It was flashing a red light for low salt. The readout was 2500ppm. The K-1766 test showed the level at 2800ppm.

Did you even read what I posted? I never said to ignore warning lights. If you had a flashing light then obviously your SWG was not happy about something.

Yes, I read your post. Did you read mine? I said the salt level was within the proper levels required by the SWG as tested by K-1766 but the SWG was out of calibration and thought it was not operating properly. If the salt level is below 2700 ppm, an error code is flashed.

I don't understand what that means. Is your SWG producing chlorine?

It is producing chlorine because I've confirmed FC levels over several weeks. The point I'm trying to make is that just because the generating light is green doesn't automatically mean everything is working properly and it's generating chlorine. Or just because there is a red low salt light blinking that the salt level is off. In other words, I don't blindly trust indicator lights on the SWG. Water tests will confirm if something is working correctly. The fact that this is the first time the SWG has been out of calibration and due to its age, I'll be keeping an eye on it because it may be nearing the end of its life. Without taking the cover off, I can't recall if it's this circuit board where I did a little surgical repair on it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.